The development of the Human Technopole Foundation, the new multidisciplinary research institute focused on the life sciences in Milano, proceeds with the recruitment of the Head of Operations and four members of the Management Committee.
Milano, 16 luglio 2018 – Human Technopole, the new multidisciplinary research institute focused on the life sciences in Milano, is recruiting a Head of Operations and four members of the Management Committee, whose mission is to define and implement the organisational structure of the Foundation, in conjunction with the Foundation’s other bodies.
A pivotal step forward in the development of the scientific plan of the Foundation, located in MIND Milano Innovation District, which hosted the Universal Exposition 2015.
The Management Committee’s mandate has a duration of 4 years and can be renewed once only. The operations manager is in charge of managing administrative personnel as well as the Foundation’s activities at an operational level. Based in Milano, the Foundation offers a fixed 3-year term contract, possibly becoming permanent after the term has ended.
The deadline for the submission of the candidatures is September 16, 2018.
Marco Simoni, President of the Human Technopole Foundation, underlines: “As announced during the first meeting of the Supersivory Board when the director was appointed, the project is developing constantly and confidently. The appointment of the Head of Operations and of the four members of the Management Committee will enable us to be more operational, just like happened after the first researchers’arrival in January, and proceed straightforwardly with the recruitment of the Human Technopole scientific management, starting with the directors of the research centres”.
The role of Head of Operations
The Head of Operations reports to the Foundation’s Director and is in charge of the coordination for:
- the annual planning and budget process, including the use of the related resources in accordance with the strategic plan approved by the Supervisory Board;
- the drafting of the annual financial statements;
- the administrative and financial activities, the purchase of goods and services, the management of the IT systems of the Foundation, the management of litigation and legal affairs, the overall management of human resources, the organisational development, the support to research activities, the accounting management of financed projects;
- the planning of personnel requirements for the Foundation and the overseeing of the related procedures;
- the operative management of the Foundation in the start-up phase of the Human Technopole Project;
- compliance with public spending rules, with the public procurement code, with internal policies and procedures governing the use of electronic and financial resources owned by the Foundation, within her/his monitoring and overseeing competences;
- every other activity delegated by the Director
The ideal candidate holds a long-standing experience as manager of research Institutes, Public Administrations or Universities. Alternatively she/he has deep knowledge about the organizational aspects of such institutions. She/he holds a master degree or equivalent title and is highly fluent in spoken and written English.
The Management Committee
The Management Committee consists of 5 members, including the Director of the Foundation. Pursuant to articles 16 and 24 of the HT Foundation Statute, the Management Committee is in charge of:
- appointing, following international selection procedures, the Directors of the HT centres;
- appointing, following the prior binding opinion of the scientific Committee, the Panels for staff recruitment;
- defining the regulations on the functioning of the Foundation, to be then approved by the Supervisory Board;
- proposing modifications to the Statute to the Supervisory Board;
- submitting to the Supervisory Board the business plan and the financial statements, as well as all the other deliberations provided for in art. 13, paragraph 3, of the Statute.
A well-established experience either in the legal-administrative, economic-business fields or in the organisation and management of scientific or public health research centres is required.
Moreover, ideal candidates should have gained a well-established experience in the start-up phase of private and/or public entities.
For more detail and to apply please visit the Human Technopole website: www.htechnopole.it
Human Technopole will be an interdisciplinary research institute developing personalised approaches, both in the medical and in the nutritional field, aimed at fighting cancer and neurodegerative diseases by integrating large scale genomics with the analysis of complex data systems and the development of new diagnostics techniques Once fully operative, within 2024, around 1.500 people will be working there and it will be extended on 30.000 square meters in MIND - Milano Innovation District, the scientific and technological park located in the area where Expo 2015 took place.
The first researchers started working at the Center for Analysis, Decisions and Society (CADS), one of the seven centers making up the Human Technopole at Palazzo Italia in January 2018.
Via P. Castaldi 11, Milano – tel. 02 6249991
Laura Arghittu – cell. 335 485106 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Federico Ferrari – cell. 347 6456873 – email@example.com
Elisa Barzaghi – cell. 347 5448929 – firstname.lastname@example.org