WE VALUE OUR PEOPLE
Human Technopole is taking the first steps towards establishing a unique large-scale scientific infrastructure of great socio-economic and cultural impact. An international collaborative inclusive dynamic community of highly motivated talented and creative people will make the difference.
If you are a passionate person who likes to seize great challenges, please don’t hesitate to apply. Transparent and merit-based selection methods will drive the recruitment and hiring process. The recruitment of Senior Scientific Staff will be conducted exclusively via international call, according to international standard.
HT Job Viewer Portlet
SENIOR RESEARCH TECHNICIAN
The Human Technopole Foundation is looking for a Senior Research Technician.
The Senior Research Technician, reporting to a Group Leader in the Neurogenomics Centre, will be responsible for keeping the laboratory functional by supporting the laboratory members with his/her technical expertise in the context of molecular neurobiology.
The group works on brain development using a spectrum of molecular, genetic, biochemical and histological techniques applied to in vivo, ex vivo and in vitro model systems and primary human tissues and cells.
S(he) will have the following main responsibilities:
- Conducting experiments in the area of molecular biology, biochemistry, histology and cell biology, including the generation and archiving of DNA constructs, basic animal experimentation, animal colony management, cell culture work;
- Generating new tools and reagents while being able to provide sound suggestions on how to improve her/his work to achieve the expected results;
- Developing novel protocols;
- Generating reliable and reproducible data for publication in the projects to which s/he is assigned;
- Providing technical support and supervision to other laboratory members, including introduction and teaching of new laboratory techniques and support on the use of lab equipment to lab members, as well as members from other laboratories;
- Participating in all aspects involving general lab management and organization (e.g., ordering and purchasing, managing stocks of reagents and materials, inventory of lab equipment and materials, lab safety).
- +5 years of experience, with a proven track record in each of the following areas and techniques: Molecular Biology (DNA and RNA manipulation, cloning, sequencing, RT-PCR), Protein Biochemistry (immunoblotting and immunoprecipitation techniques, preferably also recombinant protein expression, purification and in vitro reactions), Cell culture methods (general cell culture and embryonic stem cell techniques, preferably also primary neural cell culture techniques and transfection of mammalian cells), Histology (preferably on mammalian brain), and Animal Management work;
- Readiness to work with laboratory animals and primary human samples;
- Fluency in English – HT is an international research institute;
- Good working knowledge of Italian;
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and to work independently;
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to lead and gain the assistance and cooperation of others in a team endeavor;
- Ability to build trust through operating with transparency and creating an open and positive environment;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
HT offers a highly collaborative, international culture. The working language at HT will be English. HT will foster top quality, interdisciplinary research by promoting a vibrant environment consisting of independent research groups with access to outstanding graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and core facilities.
HT is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to a leading, internationally competitive, research organisation and seeks to promote a collegial and open atmosphere. The compensation package granted will be internationally competitive and comprise pension scheme, medical and other social benefits and support for relocation and installation.
Please apply sending a CV and motivation letter in English only through the dedicated area below (Apply now).
For specific enquires concerning the role only, please contact Dr. Nereo Kalebic, Group Leader responsible of the position: email@example.com (this email address should not be used to send applications).
Moreover, we inform you that pursuant to pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise at any moment your rights as Data Subject, by addressing your requests to the Data Controller (phone no. : +39/02 30247001).