WE VALUE OUR PEOPLE
Human Technopole is taking the first steps towards establishing a unique large-scale scientific infrastructure of great socio-economic and cultural impact. An international collaborative inclusive dynamic community of highly motivated talented and creative people will make the difference.
If you are a passionate person who likes to seize great challenges, please don’t hesitate to apply. Transparent and merit-based selection methods will drive the recruitment and hiring process. The recruitment of Senior Scientific Staff will be conducted exclusively via international call, according to international standard.
HT Job Viewer Portlet
HEAD OF THE CRYO-ELECTRON MICROSCOPY FACILITY
The Human Technopole Foundation is looking for the Head of the Cryo-Electron Microscopy Facility:
The role will report directly to the Head of the Structural Biology Research Centre.
She/He will be responsible for setting up and maintaining a facility capable of state-of-the-art single particle EM and EM tomography and for enabling internal and external users to make use of the facility and will be involved in the recruitment and mentoring of more junior facility staff.
She/He will work with other HT Core Facilities and IT Services to create an optimal research support system. She/He can participate in and manage research projects whose purpose is to advance the facility.
Key tasks and responsibilities
The Head of the Cryo-Electron Microscopy Facility will:
- be responsible for setting priorities and resource planning for the facility;
- help select, lead and mentor junior facility staff;
- supervise EM sample preparation as well as data collection and evaluation support;
- ensure the EM research support is world-class;
- interact with the manufacturers and engineers of the microscopes;
- organise introductions for new users of EM and assist facility users in microscope handling, data acquisition and optimisation of imaging conditions;
- prepare for facility reviews by external experts;
- participate actively in the overall development of HT core facilities;
- report regularly on progress to the Head of the Structural Biology Research Centre;
- help design and advise IT services to meet EM requirements;
- build effective links and collaborations within HT;
- develop links with other national and international EM facilities;
- support raising third-party funding where possible.
- +5 years of hands-on experience in the use of either single particle EM or EM tomography - experience with both techniques is an advantage;
- PhD or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject, e.g. physics, materials, biology or a related field of science;
- Previous experience in managerial role in an EM Core Facility, open to internal and external users;
- Fluency in English – HT is an international research institute;
- Proven leadership, communication, team building and problem solving skills.
The Head of the Cryo-Electron Microscopy will be based in Milan.
HT offers a highly collaborative, international culture. The working language at HT will be English. HT will foster top quality, interdisciplinary research by promoting a vibrant environment consisting of independent research groups with access to outstanding graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and core facilities.
HT is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to a leading, internationally competitive, research organisation and seeks to promote a collegial and open atmosphere. The compensation package granted will be internationally competitive and comprise pension scheme, medical and other social benefits, as well the financial support for relocation and installation, including the family.
Please apply sending a CV and motivation letter in English only through the dedicated area below.
Only for general enquires concerning the role, please contact Alessandro Vannini, Head of the Structural Biology Research Centre, at: email@example.com. (This email address should not be used to send applications).
Moreover, we inform you that pursuant to pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise at any moment your rights as Data Subject, by addressing your requests to the Data Controller (phone no. : +39/02 30247001).