WE VALUE OUR PEOPLE
Human Technopole is moving the first steps towards the realization of a unique large-scale scientific project of great socio-economic and cultural impact. An international collaborative inclusive dynamic community of highly motivated talented and creative people will make the difference.
If you are a passionate person who likes to seize great challenges, please don’t hesitate to apply. Transparent and merit-based selection methods will drive the recruitment and hiring process. The recruitment of Senior Scientific Staff will be conducted exclusively via international call, according to international recruitment and hiring process.
HT Job Viewer Portlet
The Human Technopole Foundation is looking for a Procurement Manager:
As a member of the Management Team, the Procurement Manager, reporting directly to the Head of Operations, will define, guide and implement the best procurement policies and strategies that contribute to organizational advancement, building strong interaction with the key process leaders of both the administrative and scientific areas.
S(he) will have the following main responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing procurement strategy, policies, procedures, roles, legislative compliance within which departmental teams must operate when procuring goods and services;
- Working with other leaders on action plans, setting out key objectives for procurement;
- Carrying out reviews of all key procurement actions;
- Challenging/managing internal stakeholders demands, needs and wishes;
- Identifying categories of spending and internal stakeholders responsible for those categories;
- Undertaking supplier risk analysis, credit and insurance policy checks, agreeing service levels and standard terms and conditions of contract with the HT legal team;
- Keeping abreast of changes in procurement best practices and legislative compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Engineering, Business Administration or related field;
- 10 or more years of Procurement experience, including some time in a senior role;
- Fluency in Business English;
- Supervisory and office management experience;
- Working experience with procurement systems and supplier negotiation;
- Advanced knowledge of the ERP system;
- Proven leadership, communication, team building and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively address complex and sensitive administrative issues;
- Ability to work well under pressure, deadlines, and changing priorities;
- Ability to work with diverse people with tact, diplomacy, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
Preference given to applicants with experience in a large university, medical center or research body.
The Procurement Manager will be based in Milan.
The compensation granted will be internationally competitive and appropriate to the competences and experience of the appointed candidate.
Moreover, we inform you that pursuant to pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise at any moment your rights as Data Subject, by addressing your requests to the Data Controller (phone no. : +39/02 30247001).