WE VALUE OUR PEOPLE
Human Technopole is moving the first steps towards the realization of a unique large-scale scientific project of great socio-economic and cultural impact. An international collaborative inclusive dynamic community of highly motivated talented and creative people will make the difference.
If you are a passionate person who likes to seize great challenges, please don’t hesitate to apply. Transparent and merit-based selection methods will drive the recruitment and hiring process. The recruitment of Senior Scientific Staff will be conducted exclusively via international call, according to international recruitment and hiring process.
HT Job Viewer Portlet
The Human Technopole Foundation is looking for a Finance Manager:
As a member of the Management Team, the Finance Manager, reporting directly to the Head of Operations, provides leadership, creates overall strategy, and manages the implementation of initiatives designed to build the Foundation’s long-term financial stability.
S(he) supervises budgeting, accounting, payables, receivables, treasury, investments, contracts, insurance and oversees financial aspects, building strong interaction with the key process leaders of both the administrative and scientific areas.
S(he) will have the following main responsibilities:
- Managing and overseeing the organization’s entire finance system;
- Establishing and monitoring financial policies, procedures and internal controls;
- Managing and guiding finance and accounting staff;
- Developing performance measures;
- Developing budgets for business plans;
- Tracking and reporting on grant expenditures and related reporting to donors;
- Representing the Foundation to financial partners, including financial institutions, private investors, public and government officials;
- Liaising with external auditors, to make ensure yearly audit and tax reports are well prepared and on time;
- Monthly payroll and personal-income tax withholding, calculation of incentive bonuses;
- Undertake regular risk assessment and provide management with early warning if significant financial risks are foreseen.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or related field;
- 10 or more years of increasingly responsible Finance experience;
- Fluency in Business English;
- Supervisory and office management experience;
- Experience working with finance and accounting software packages;
- Experience working with government contracts;
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting;
- Proven leadership, communication, team building and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively address complex and sensitive administrative issues;
- Ability to work well under pressure, deadlines, and changing priorities;
- Ability to work with diverse people with tact, diplomacy, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
Preference given to applicants with experience in a large university, medical center or research body.
The Finance Manager/Director will be based in Milan.
The compensation granted will be internationally competitive and appropriate to the competences and experience of the appointed candidate.
Moreover, we inform you that pursuant to pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise at any moment your rights as Data Subject, by addressing your requests to the Data Controller (phone no. : +39/02 30247001).